The best thing about winter is that the winter wardrobe lasts a long time with classy coats, long-lasting knits and robust boots. But time and again people often forget the most important part of winter wardrobe- Hat. The key to keep yourself warm in winter is covering yourself as much as you can. But piling tons of woolen on your body will not help if you are bare from shoulder to top of your head. Hats not only protect you from the cold weather but also add to your overall comfort. Hats are available in different colours, patterns, materials and styles. Here is a guide that will help you choose a headgear perfect for you.
Before picking the colour of hat you need to be clear about the places you want to wear it. Headgear comes in a lot of different shaded and sometimes the choice becomes too difficult. Here the colours are divided into three groups to make it easy for you.
- Bright coloured hats like neon orange or neon green are worn for safety purposes. These hats are recommended to wear when you are into extreme winter sports so that search and rescue will be easier. In fact, these colours are also worn by the hunter when they go for a hunt.
- There are hats in colours which are bright but not like neon bright like red and blue. These colours of hats are good for casual days.
- Dark colours hat like black, grey, brown is loved by everyone. Hats in these colours go with any outfit and any situation. You can wear this for a casual day or for a formal dinner.
As thehatsguide.com say – Always pay more attention to its style while picking a hat as some styles don’t go with some situations.
- There are hats that cover all of your face and these hats are not considered good for formal appearance. These hats give more of a casual vibe.
- Hats like fedora, bowlers etc. are crowned hat which gives you more of a formal look than the soft top hats like newsboy cap.
- As the hat goes more thick and soft it becomes less and less formal.
The most important point about choosing a headgear for winter is the material of which it is made of. There are hats made of cotton which looks good and stylish but it does not serve the purpose of providing warmth to you. You should choose hats winter made up of materials like wool or felt. These hats look good and also provide warmth with comfort.
While getting yourself a winter head gear your style, colour, and material are not the only things that matter. The functionality of the hat is something that can also influence your choice in the hat. There are few hats that look great but their functionality stops you from getting them. When you choose a hat make sure it serves the purpose that you are buying or getting it for. For example, newsboy cap may not be on the top of your list but it serves the purpose and it looks great also.
With the help of the guidelines mentioned above be sure that you are going to get the perfect headgear this winter. The key point here is that you do not have to get all the types of the hat all you need to do is pick a few hats that will suit your wardrobe better. Get rid of your worn out hats and indulge in something new and better which will provide you more warmth but with style.